Monday, September 27, 2010

Grateful for Pumpkins





I am grateful for the pumpkins growing in my yard.  I didn't think the pumpkins would make it since I discovered squash bugs on the plants.  I thought it was a losing battle as I tried to eliminate the bugs with dilated dish detergent sprayed on them, imitation vanilla sprayed on to confuse the bugs and just looked for the bugs on the plants and killing them and their eggs and still there were more bugs.  But those pumpkins outgrew the bugs and there are four pumpkins on the vine I planted.  One is big enough right now to eat if it were orange, but the other three are small still.  The weather has been good though and we have another week of 90 degree weather with no frost in sight.  To me it is so exciting to see plants grow.  Fall is a wonderful time of year with nice weather and produce ripening in the garden.  I am so grateful for this time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment