Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The Blessing of Bees

This morning as I was watering the sunflowers around my home, there were several bees flying from one flower to the nest.  They were so busy gathering pollen that they paid no attention to me.  I got my camera and tried to capture some pictures. 
When I was young I didn't really like bees.  I knew what it felt like to be stung by a bee from personal experience.  I didn't want to be stung again.  I learned the hard way that a bee can sting you, even if it is dead, if you touch it's stinger.  I did like the honey that the beekeeper gave us in payment for letting the bees live on our farm.
Today, because of the decrease in the number of bees, I am grateful when I see bees.  I am so glad to see them going from flower to flower.  I still don't want to be stung, but I am grateful for bees.

No comments:

Post a Comment