Thursday, September 2, 2010

I'm Grateful for Growing Plants

I love this time of year when the plants I planted earlier are really starting to produce now.  My strawberries are blooming and setting on fruit again.  I enjoyed some strawberries in May and June, but it is nice now that there has been some cooler weather to see more strawberries.  Today I had a few raspberries to eat also.  I picked Swiss chard for supper.  Yesterday I had okra for supper.  I finally found a red tomato.  It seems like the tomatoes have taken a long time to ripen this year.  I have three watermelons growing.  It will be a while before they are ready to eat, and I can hardly wait for them to be ripen.  I'm not an expert gardener, but I do like to see the plants grow.  Many plants don't make it, but the ones that do are very rewarding.  I am very grateful for any thing I have been able to grow in my garden. 

No comments:

Post a Comment