Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Grateful for a Tenacious Plant

 
This little plant showed up all on its own.  I don't know where it came from.  I haven't seen other plants like it close around.  It sprouted in the crack between the cement step and sidewalk.  It seemed so determined to live with very little soil and only the little bit of rainfall we get.  I couldn't uproot it.  As the flowers opened I saw its beauty, and I decided to take a picture of it.  I am grateful for the symbolism I saw in this little plant being able to grow in the conditions it was growing in.  Sometimes things seem really hard like the cement all around this plant.  Sometimes it seems there is a lack in our lives like the lack of soil and of water for this plant.  Yet we still can grow and can produce something beautiful.  I am glad I took this picture so I can always remember to keep trying even in the most difficult of circumstances.  I am grateful for this tenacious plant

No comments:

Post a Comment