Sunday, September 25, 2011

Grateful for Sewers

Tomorrow I will not have a sewer.  It is just suppose to be for the day as they are replacing the sewer line in back of my house.  There have been a lot of plugs in line up the street and down the street from me.  Fortunately I haven't had a real problem in my house, but replacing the line should be a blessing for everyone on the street.

I have to get up and get a shower, wash dishes or do whatever uses the sewer before 7 a.m.  Then for the rest of the day I have to use a pan or bucket to catch any water so it doesn't go down the drain.  They are furnishing port-a-potties out on the street.  It reminds me of having an outhouse instead of a bathroom.  Of course port-a-potties are much nicer than outhouses.

It just reminds me of how much I take things for granted like having a working sewer.  I am grateful to have a working sewer, and I will be even more grateful once the sewer line has been replaced and I can have a working sewer again.

No comments:

Post a Comment