Saturday, October 23, 2010

Grateful for Potluck Dinners

Tonight I went to a potluck dinner.  It is an inexpensive way to eat out.  I fix one dish and take it to the dinner and then I get to eat a wide variety of different kinds of foods.  It is my chance to eat out and enjoy a meal with friends without having to pay a lot.  Tonight there were at least a dozen different casseroles, a couple of salads, rolls, green beans, grapes, and about a dozen different desserts.  The biggest challenge is not taking and eating too much.  Everything looks so good, so you take a little bit of each and before you know it your plate in completely full.  Yet, it is fun to try things you wouldn't cook yourself and it is fun to get to have such a variety of foods to choose from.  I am grateful that every once in a while I get to go to a potluck dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment