Tonight I am very grateful for a fire department. I took trash out to my garbage cart, and I could smell propane. I don't have a propane tank, but my next door neighbor does. His tank is in the corner of his yard right next to my garbage cart. He wasn't home. I called the sheriff's department, and they called the fire department. I am so grateful that there was no fire or explosion from the leak, and I am so grateful we have a fire department who can take care of situations like this. As a child I remember seeing the wreckage of a home that had exploded from a natural gas leak. I don't want to see that happen again. I know I pay part of my property tax to support a fire department, and I am so grateful that they are there to help.
The above photo is in the public domain and was found at