Saturday, October 9, 2010

Grateful for a Fire Department



Tonight I am very grateful for a fire department.  I took trash out to my garbage cart, and I could smell propane.  I don't have a propane tank, but my next door neighbor does.  His tank is in the corner of his yard right next to my garbage cart.  He wasn't home.  I called the sheriff's department, and they called the fire department.  I am so grateful that there was no fire or explosion from the leak, and I am so grateful we have a fire department who can take care of situations like this.  As a child I remember seeing the wreckage of a home that had exploded from a natural gas leak.  I don't want to see that happen again.  I know I pay part of my property tax to support a fire department, and I am so grateful that they are there to help.

The above photo is in the public domain and was found at 
http://publicdomainclip-art.blogspot.com/2008/07/newyork-city-firetruck.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment